Dear Patients of Great Lakes Bay Health Centers,
We hope you are doing well and feeling healthy. We are writing to let you know that as your primary care provider, we are still here and are opening up our doors for increased access to care over the next couple of weeks. As always, our commitment is to you and our community. We are here to keep you healthy and safe. We encourage you to schedule the care that you have delayed.
Below we have included some information to help when you or any family members need our services. We encourage all of our patients to continue to follow guidelines for social distancing, wearing masks, hand-washing, and protecting vulnerable populations who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19.
- We are OPEN for both in-person and telehealth visits. Any changes to our hours and services will be posted here: www.greatlakesbayhealthcenters.org, along with all site phone numbers.
- We are following the current recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
- As always, the best way to reach us is by phone. Please don’t walk-in. You can reach us to make an appointment by calling your health or dental center.
Here are a few screening questions we will ask you the day before your appointment:
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have a cough or any respiratory symptoms?
- Have you been in direct contact with someone with COVID-19?
- Depending on your answer to these questions, we will direct you to the appropriate space in our building for your appointment or ask you to kindly wait in your car in the parking lot.
- If you start feeling sick, please call us before coming to the clinic. We want to keep you, our staff and the rest of the community safe.
- Here is process we ask all patients to follow when they come in to a center:
- We will provide hand sanitizer and ask you to use it right before you enter our doors.
- We ask that you bring a mask with you to your appointment and enter wearing it. If you do not have a mask, we will do our best to have one for you. Our staff will be wearing masks as well.
- You will notice that our waiting rooms have fewer chairs and no longer contain magazines and children’s toys. This is because these items are more difficult to disinfect.
- We also are limiting companions during your appointment. We ask that you come alone or with only 1 other person/caretaker.
- Our appointment schedule is lighter than usual to ensure we have fewer patients in the building at a time. We continue to offer virtual telehealth visits.
- We may offer you a virtual visit so you don’t have to leave your house unnecessarily. Ask us for more details when you call your center.
Thank you for being our patient. We are committed to serving you now more than ever and are here should you have questions or concerns. We will see you soon.
Sincerely, Your providers at Great Lakes Bay Health Centers