5th Annual Changing Lives Fundraiser: “2020 A Year of Hope”
Supporting Community Health, Virtually
Join us online here and on Facebook at noon or 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 19 this special virtual fundraising event. It’s free to attend, so please join us for our message of hope and invite others to learn more!
Give now to provide essential Hope to those in need
This year has been a time of great challenges for all of us across our planet and in our hometowns. For our staff and patients, it has been a fight for health in the face of COVID-19.
- Our health centers had to temporarily some close some services for in-person visits during quarantine, but our care never stopped. We immediately begin offering telehealth care as a lifeline to patients and continue to offer it with new technology.
- We have offered COVID-19 testing in our parking lots since March, increasing the need for staff and personal protective equipment.
- We offered emergency dental care when other dentist offices were closed. Routine dental care is now open at all our sites.
- More patients are back in our centers and services are all open, which requires more safety equipment and screening staff.
- The need for Behavioral Health services is exploding, along with the number of people losing health insurance.
Great Lakes Bay Health Centers has been bringing health and hope to thousands of people for more than 50 years. We are here today to help everyone who comes to our doors get quality, affordable, accessible care. We don’t turn anyone away, regardless of their income or insurance. We need your help to do this! The support of partners like you is critical to our ability to continue to provide all these services. You can make a difference to patients in need, especially during these difficult times.
Together we can make 2020 A Year of Hope. Our goal is to raise $100,000 in 2020 through this campaign that will continue through the end of the year. We ask for your support to help us to build on lessons learned in 2020 to provide the highest quality of care in 2021 and beyond. You can make a huge difference in the health of families and communities here! Thank you.
This year, we’re featuring:
- Host Dr. Waheed Akbar
Dr. Akbar, a Saginaw orthopedic surgeon with more than 40 years of experience, will share how serving as a sustaining donor in Great Lakes Bay Health Centers’ Giving Hope Society brings hope to people who have lost connection to good health.
- Patient Stories of Hope
Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Hear from Matt and Shafeka about how counseling, community health worker support and caring medical services come together to bring them better health and new hope!
- Healthcare Heroes
Paula Peters, Clinical Nurse Manager with Great Lakes Bay Health Centers’ Special Immunology Service, worked for months on the front lines leading a team of testers and screeners at the downtown Saginaw COVID-19 testing site. Hear how their hard work helped protect our community!
- Our Vision for the Future
President and CEO Dr. Brenda Coughlin has been part of Great Lakes Bay Health Centers for her entire career as a family physician. She sees firsthand how chronic illness, depression and poverty take away hope – and how our caring health centers can restore that hope for thousands of patients!
- Tarshia Gilbert, Great Lakes Bay Health Centers Board Member and Patient
Ms. Gilbert will share the passion and purpose she finds as part of the Great Lakes Bay Health Centers team to change lives and give hope to so many in our communities. Your gifts change lives that will change our world!
Thursday, November 19, 2020
In addition to funds, other ways to help include: