Alternative Pain Management
Alternative Pain Management services can help you get back to functioning if chronic pain is interfering with your daily life. According to the philosophy of the American Osteopathic Association, our body is capable of self-regulation, self-healing and health maintenance. These are alternatives to narcotics and work to address the physical and emotional responses to pain.
- Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy – Hands-on techniques performed by a doctor, who moves the patient’s muscles and joints with gentle pressure, stretching and resistance.
- Physical Therapy and exercises to improve movement and function
- Joint and Trigger point injections
- Electrical Stimulation of muscles and Ultrasound treatment
- Dietitian services to improve inflammation and promote healthy weight
- Behavioral health counseling to promote new coping mechanisms and deal with underlying depression and anxiety through individual and group therapy
- Other support such as mindfulness training, relaxation techniques and Acudetox
Location: Davenport center
3023 Davenport Ave.
Saginaw, MI 48602
Hours: Mon – Fri: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
How do I start?:
Talk to your GLBHC Primary Care Provider, who can issue a referral for Alternative Pain Management if you meet criteria to participate. For more information, contact Christopher Pletzke at 989-907-2761, ext. 5159
Listed below is what the Alternative Pain Management team consists of:
- Doctor of Osteopathic
- Physician’s Assistant
- RN Care Management Nurse
- LMSW Behavioral Health Integrated Specialist
- S. Registered Dietitian